This is a striking antique religious statue from Belgium. It is a figure of Christ with His Sacred Heart exposed. He is wearing voluminous robes and pointing to His Heart with one hand. His expression is that of great sorrow.
The image of Our Lord’s heart represents Christ’s love for humanity. It is often depicted in flames, wrapped in thorns, and topped with a cross. The devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, also known as the First Friday Devotions, is rooted in the personal revelations of Christ given to Saint Mary Margaret Alacoque from 1673 -1675.
To those devoted to His Sacred Heart, Jesus promised the following:
1. I will give them all the graces necessary for their state in life.
2. I will establish peace in their families.
3. I will comfort them in their trials.
4. I will be their secure refuge during life, and, above all, in death.
5. I will shed abundant blessings on all their undertakings.
6. Sinners will find in My Heart an infinite ocean of mercy.
7. Lukewarm souls will become fervent.
8. Fervent souls will rapidly grow in holiness and perfection.
9. I will bless every place where an image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored.
10. I will give to priests the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
11. The names of those who promote this devotion will be written in My Heart, never to be blotted out.
12. I promise thee, in the excessive mercy of My Heart, that My all-powerful love will grant to all those who receive Holy Communion on the First Friday of nine consecutive months, the grace of final penitence; they shall not die in My disgrace nor without receiving their Sacraments; My Divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.
This is a fantastic antique font from France. It is two youthful angels with long hair and flowing robes enveloped in their magnificent wings. The pair are carrying a seashell shaped font bowl representing baptism. The piece is beautifully detailed bronze on a dark wood background. It is signed “S. Marchi E”.
Condition: The background is scratched but this can be easily repaired. Please See Pictures
This is a lovely vintage crucifix. Christ is shown twisted with the pain of His Passion, his corpus slumping away from the nails of the cross. The suffering of Our Lord is clearly evident and deeply compelling. His sacrifice cannot be ignored.
The wooden cross is simple and elegant with clean lines that help emphasize the impact of the corpus. Both the corpus and the “INRI” sign are hung by nails and can be removed.
Condition: There are some chips in the finish. Please see pictures.
This is a magnificent antique religious painting. It is an image of a very young Christ holding a globe surrounded by flowers. The globe and cross are an ancient symbol of authority and when Jesus is shown holding it it is referred to as the Salvator Mundi or The Savior of the World.
Reverse glass painting is an ancient folk art tradition of Bavaria. This piece is likely from the early turn of the century.
Condition: The backing is a vintage replacement. Please See Pictures