This is a striking antique religious statue from Belgium. It is a figure of Christ with His Sacred Heart exposed. He is wearing voluminous robes and pointing to His Heart with one hand. His expression is that of great sorrow.
The image of Our Lord’s heart represents Christ’s love for humanity. It is often depicted in flames, wrapped in thorns, and topped with a cross. The devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, also known as the First Friday Devotions, is rooted in the personal revelations of Christ given to Saint Mary Margaret Alacoque from 1673 -1675.
To those devoted to His Sacred Heart, Jesus promised the following:
1. I will give them all the graces necessary for their state in life.
2. I will establish peace in their families.
3. I will comfort them in their trials.
4. I will be their secure refuge during life, and, above all, in death.
5. I will shed abundant blessings on all their undertakings.
6. Sinners will find in My Heart an infinite ocean of mercy.
7. Lukewarm souls will become fervent.
8. Fervent souls will rapidly grow in holiness and perfection.
9. I will bless every place where an image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored.
10. I will give to priests the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
11. The names of those who promote this devotion will be written in My Heart, never to be blotted out.
12. I promise thee, in the excessive mercy of My Heart, that My all-powerful love will grant to all those who receive Holy Communion on the First Friday of nine consecutive months, the grace of final penitence; they shall not die in My disgrace nor without receiving their Sacraments; My Divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.
This is an elegant vintage religious statue. It is a tall, slim monk holding a candle. His head is bowed in prayer and his expression is humble. The artist has used minimal detailing and long flowing lines to give this piece a sense of motion. One can imagine this monk waking for Matins on a cold winter night to pray the Divine Office.
The piece is signed by the artist.
Condition: There are some light scratches. Please see pictures.
This is a magnificent vintage religious statue perfect for a home altar or church. It is a copy of Michelangelo's famous Pieta housed in St. Peter's Basilica, Vatican City. The plaster statue shows the Blessed Virgin Mary with Christ’s Corpus draped across her lap. It is a profoundly moving piece.
Condition: There are some ships in the paint on the base. Please see Pictures.
This is a vintage statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Our Lady is shown gazing demurely down at a beautiful, large rose blossom in her hands. The statue is painted in soft pastels that highlight the color of Mary's cheeks and are reflected in the color of the rose. Magnificent.
This is a beautiful vintage religious statue. It is a figure of the Blessed Virgin Mary holding the infant Christ. Our Lord has His hands crossed in His lap as he snuggles into her embrace. Our Lady has regal features and is shown wearing voluminous robes with beautiful flowing lines. Magnificent!