This is a vintage religious statue for home devotions. It is a figure of Christ pointing to His exposed Sacred Heart. He is wearing voluminous robes painted rich red and pale green. His expression is that of great sorrow. Very moving.
The image of Our Lord’s Heart represents Christ’s love for humanity. It is often depicted flaming, wrapped in thorns, and topped with a cross. The devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, also known as the First Friday Devotions, is rooted in the personal revelations of Christ given to Saint Mary Margaret Alacoque from 1773-1675.
To those devoted to His Sacred Heart, Jesus promised the following:
1. I will give them all the graces necessary for their state in life.
2. I will establish peace in their families.
3. I will comfort them in their trials.
4. I will be their secure refuge during life, and, above all, in death.
5. I will shed abundant blessings on all their undertakings.
6. Sinners will find in My Heart an infinite ocean of mercy.
7. Lukewarm souls will become fervent.
8. Fervent souls will rapidly grow in holiness and perfection.
9. I will bless every place where an image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored.
10. I will give to priests the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
11. The names of those who promote this devotion will be written in My Heart, never to be blotted out.
12. I promise thee, in the excessive mercy of My Heart, that My all-powerful love will grant to all those who receive Holy Communion on the First Friday of nine consecutive months, the grace of final penitence; they shall not die in My disgrace nor without receiving their Sacraments; My Divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.
This is an elegant vintage religious statue. It is a tall, slim monk holding a candle. His head is bowed in prayer and his expression is humble. The artist has used minimal detailing and long flowing lines to give this piece a sense of motion. One can imagine this monk waking for Matins on a cold winter night to pray the Divine Office.
The piece is signed by the artist.
Condition: There are some light scratches. Please see pictures.
This is a magnificent vintage religious statue perfect for a home altar or church. It is a copy of Michelangelo's famous Pieta housed in St. Peter's Basilica, Vatican City. The plaster statue shows the Blessed Virgin Mary with Christ’s Corpus draped across her lap. It is a profoundly moving piece.
Condition: There are some ships in the paint on the base. Please see Pictures.
This is a vintage statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Our Lady is shown gazing demurely down at a beautiful, large rose blossom in her hands. The statue is painted in soft pastels that highlight the color of Mary's cheeks and are reflected in the color of the rose. Magnificent.
This is an exceptional example of mid-century modern religious art. It is a statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary cradling an infant Christ. Our Lady is wearing long voluminous robes and a veil as she gazes down at the swaddled Baby. Although there is very little detailing, the piece is alive with motion. Gorgeous!