This is a vintage religious statue for home devotions. It is a figure of Christ pointing to His exposed Sacred Heart. He is wearing voluminous robes painted rich red and pale green. His expression is that of great sorrow. Very moving.
The image of Our Lord’s Heart represents Christ’s love for humanity. It is often depicted flaming, wrapped in thorns, and topped with a cross. The devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, also known as the First Friday Devotions, is rooted in the personal revelations of Christ given to Saint Mary Margaret Alacoque from 1773-1675.
To those devoted to His Sacred Heart, Jesus promised the following:
1. I will give them all the graces necessary for their state in life.
2. I will establish peace in their families.
3. I will comfort them in their trials.
4. I will be their secure refuge during life, and, above all, in death.
5. I will shed abundant blessings on all their undertakings.
6. Sinners will find in My Heart an infinite ocean of mercy.
7. Lukewarm souls will become fervent.
8. Fervent souls will rapidly grow in holiness and perfection.
9. I will bless every place where an image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored.
10. I will give to priests the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
11. The names of those who promote this devotion will be written in My Heart, never to be blotted out.
12. I promise thee, in the excessive mercy of My Heart, that My all-powerful love will grant to all those who receive Holy Communion on the First Friday of nine consecutive months, the grace of final penitence; they shall not die in My disgrace nor without receiving their Sacraments; My Divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.
This is a beautiful vintage devotional wall plaque. The Blessed Virgin Mother is shown holding a young Christ in her arms. Our Lady is holding Jesus in both hands with a bouquet of roses in the crook of her arm. So Sweet.
This is a magnificent vintage religious devotional. It is a sculpted image of the Blessed Virgin Mary holding an infant Christ in her arms. Our Lady is wearing voluminous medieval style robes with a shorter veil over long hair. Christ Jesus is shown holding a dove in one hand, representing the Holy Spirit, and a loaf of bread in the other, representing the Holy Eucharist.
This piece has a matt finish with green patina highlighting the details. The reverse is painted gold and there are two holes to allow mounting.
This is a fantastic vintage piece of devotional art. It is a sculpture of the Blessed Virgin Mary holding a toddler Jesus on her lap. Our Lady is sitting comfortably in a chair hugging Our Lord close. This piece is after the famous 1514 painting “The Madonna della Seggiola” by Raphael.
It is in an oval frame, matted and with convex glass. T
Please Note: Similar pieces are often mistakenly referred to as Meerschaum, but most are made French Pipeclay.
Condition: The original backing has been replaced with cardboard. Please See Pictures